Information on computing and printing services available at Middlesex County College Library.
Last Updated: Sep 4, 2014
- We have a total of 107 PCs, located on the main level and in an additional lab on the lower level.
- No ID or login is needed to use the computers.
- Priority is given to students doing research and course-related work.
Each Library computer has the following MS Office 2010 programs:
Firefox and MS Explorer web browsers are provided.
Students requiring certain additional programs and resources may consult the Computer Science computing labs.
Tablet and eReader Loans
Tablet computers and ebook readers are available to MCC students, faculty and staff for a 7-day loan period.
Wireless connections are available for students, faculty, and guests. There is no wireless printing. See our Wireless FAQs for instructions or visit the reference desk for assitance.
Computer Use Policies
The College's policies are stated here: Acceptable Use for Computer Facilities.
All PCs are connected to a printer.
- There is no charge for printing; however, please be considerate of fellow students and of the environment when deciding to print.
- The default setting is two-sided printing. You can switch to one-sided printing if needed.
- Powerpoint slides should be printed with more than one slide per page whenever possible. Ask a Librarian for help if needed.
- There is no color printing available.
- Wireless printing is not available.
The Library has photocopy machines; the charge is 10 cents per copy. There is a change machine available. Please ask for help at the Front Desk if needed.
The Library's scanner is intended for students using Assistive Technology software (Kurzweil). Other students may use it, but it does not scan to pdf.