Library Services at the Urban Centers
Students at MCC's Urban centers have access to a wide variety of tools to help them in their academic work. Here are some of the resources you can access online!
MCC’s Online Catalog (iBistro): Here you can explore books, ebooks, and DVD's that are available in the main library
Borrowing Books from the Edison Campus Library: If you need to borrow something from the main library, here's how you get it!
Online Databases : you can use these online databases to find articles and ebooks for your research. See the box lower on this guide for information on connecting from off-campus.
Evaluating Internet Sources: Here's a guide for choosing internet sources that are reliable and safe
MLA and APA Formatting: Check out this guide that will make citing sources and writing a works cited page easy!
Effective Research Strategies: explore ways to enhance your research and writing skills to improve your grades
Career Research: explore resources to help you shape your career path
Librarians in the Urban Centers
- In the Perth Amboy Urban Center, A librarian is available on campus for drop-in assistance from 10-6 on Tuesdays
- In the New Brunswick Urban Center, A librarian is on campus from 2-6 on Wednesdays
- If you want to schedule a 1-on-1 appointment with a librarian at a different time, we'd be happy to help you! Just use this form to make an appointment, and add a note that you'd like to meet at your Urban Center.
- The librarians who come to the Urban Centers can also be reached via email if you have questions. Send a message to Zoe Vybiral-Bauske (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Gail McDonald (email@example.com) anytime.
- We also encourage you to use the chat box on the right to have a live conversation with a librarian. if the green check mark is on, someone is available to talk to you!
Chat with a librarian!
New Brunswick Center
NEW BRUNSWICK CAMPUS HOURS
Monday -Thursday 9 am - 8:45 pm
Friday 9 am - 4:45 pm
Saturday 9 am - 1:45 pm
How to access library resources off-campus
Library databases and other resources can be accessed from your home computer as well as from on campus. You will simply need to log in to identify yourself as a student. If you are prompted to log in, enter the same username and password that you use to connect to campus wifi.
Here's how to find that username and password:
- Log in to campus cruiser
- Click on "webadvisor" in the blue banner near the top of the page
- Near the bottom, in the left-hand column, you will see a link for wireless information
- When you click this link, you will see your unique username and password. This is also the username and password you will need to use to access library databases and tools.
Perth Amboy Center
PERTH AMBOY CAMPUS HOURS
Monday - Thursday: 9am - 10pm; Friday 9am - 5pm
Urban Center Faculty
We would love to provide the same hands-on help for your classes that we provide to classes on the Edison Campus
Here's some of what we can do:
- Provide research instruction tailored to your class and designed to support your intended learning outcomes.
- Collaborate with you on assignment design to maximize your students' information literacy skill development.
- Create customized LibGuides on particular topics or for specific courses.
- Teach students ethical information use, including acceptable citation practice and avoidance of plagiarism pitfalls.
Please consider scheduling an instruction session for your class so that we can help them to learn some valuable research skills.
Please use this form to schedule your instruction, or call (732)-906-2561 with any questions.